Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Tali's Travels (6/18 start date)

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Tali's Travels (6/18 start date)  (Read 23754 times)

Marianna

Re: Tali's Travels (6/18 start date)
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2006, 09:55:31 AM »

I had this experience this week--increased weight, increased appetite--followed today with a loss of weight and increase in suppression--

CarolS

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2006, 09:58:17 AM »

You've been doing this for almost a month - keep doing what you are doing as long as you still are getting all those benefits, plus the appetite suppression, you've got nothing to lose but weight!

Okay go do something nice for yourself today.  You deserve it!

I just feel so frustrated. I'm at the point where I'm questioning everything. Should I take less oil, more oil, should I use another oil instead of the coconut, should I do the tsp of sugar chaser that some have success with .. I just keep thinking I'm doing something wrong or not so much wrong but that I could do it better. I'm so terribly hard on myself at times.

:x

taligator

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2006, 10:25:10 AM »

Thanks everyone .. you've been wonderful. It's like a nice hug, just feels good to know there are others doing the same thing.

I suppose in a lot of ways I'm jealous because it seems as though those who don't have as much to lose experience more appetite supression than those with lots to lose. It truly is perplexing to me because it seems that with SLD, it's opposite of more traditional weight loss. Typically those with a lot to lose do it faster since they have so much and any change in eating generally brings about quick loss (at least initially) and yet people who don't have as much to lose do it much slower - not so with SLD.

I just question whether I'm doing too much oil, not enough, etc .. but I'll stick with 3-4tbs per day for awhile and see how it goes.

taligator

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2006, 09:07:53 AM »

Well .. I'm doing much better today after my little freak out yesterday.  :oops: This morning I'm back down to 281.5  :lol:

I got home and decided for no reason other than curiosity to step on the scale and lo and behold I was down a pound from that morning so I figured I was just up for whatever bodily reason. I also took a tablespoon of sugar yesterday afternoon around 3pm and it really helped my evening hunger. I had a gorgeous meal that was so completely satisfying and also a little different for me. I ate all the food I was given but I hadn't ordered much to start with (all a la carte) and so I felt just right when I was done.

So I had been reading about Stephen's issues with taking the oil at night and being so upset I decided not to take it last night. I woke up hungry but not starving and I decided to try something completely different for the day. I'm going to try sugar water today at 10am and 3pm and see how that feels.

I normally take the oil first thing when I get up and then decide later if I'm hungry and that's been working to some degree but I'm not getting that satiation. I had decided not to try and tweak things because I don't want to spend my life tweaking all the time. I just want to find something that works and stick with it. After the way I felt last night after the sugar water I felt very little hunger and I ate significantly less food and felt good all evening. I don't feel that way with the oil.

I still like the benefits of the oil but today I'm going to try sugar and see how it works.

I have to wonder how much our bodies change when we began to do these things. I can't think that we would be able to do the same things consistently and get the same results which is why I don't feel that badly about changing it but my biggest fear is that I'm changing things up too soon and never getting the full result because I'm always forcing my body to do new things. Conversely, maybe that's a good thing since it doesn't get used to doing any one thing?

girljedi

• "Do or do not; there is no try...."
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2006, 09:54:24 AM »

Hey Tali,

I'm right with you!  I'm so comforted today by reading everyone's responses to your posts, since I'm experiencing the same thing right now.  I made a change and it doesn't appear to be working, but its also near my TOM, so should I wait until its passed before I make another change, etc.  I'm feeling very frustrated with SLD today, but I keep telling myself not to overreact and get all upset over a gain.

My cycles are VERY irregular, so I usually have two weeks of PMS symptoms before actually starting. :(  So I can't be sure if my gain is water or not until all the TOM crap is over!  <sigh>

Hang in there, Tali!  I will too!

taligator

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2006, 03:06:28 PM »

Hey there -

Thanks for reading. Yesterday I was just so emotional about it that today I'm a bit astounded by how out of whack I was about it ..

Today I'm just tired for some reason .. time for some sugar water. :)

taligator

« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2006, 08:47:48 AM »

Hey guys - life is going along rather swimmingly here. I did 4tbs of oil yesterday (coconut) and 3tbs of sugar water in the afternoon slump. I think that combo works well. My weight is down to 281.5 again, it's been popping up and down a couple pounds and now I'm just hoping it'll be back to 279 in the morning where it was LAST Monday.

We'll see ..

Overall good .. sometimes feel as though I've got way too much energy but I'm certainly not complaining. :)

taligator

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2006, 01:16:48 PM »

285 today .. I don't get it. I'm down to 281.5 yesterday and now 285 today, which is higher than when  I started.

Frustration!

pupster

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2006, 01:34:49 PM »

Hi Tali,

I know how frustrating it is.  I took a break from SLD because I kept hovering around the same numbers but never going DOWN.  I have faith in all of the people here that have had success and will be patient.  I started again over the weekend and today have NO appetite at all (which is the first time I've ever totally lost my appetite).  Hang in there!  There are lots of people that have a hard time with this kicking in, being one of them...

pupster

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2006, 01:44:08 PM »

hi Tali,

I'm sure you didn't gain 3.5 lb of fat since yesterday. It has been claimed that professional economists interpret seriously changes in GDP and the like that are actually errors of measurement.

Here's a way to avoid doing that with your weight: Don't take your weight to be the last number you've recorded -- that number may have a lot of error in it. Rather, compute your weight using your last 5 weights: throw out the minimum and the maximum and take the average (the mean) of the remaining three. For example if the 5 weights  were  281, 282, 282, 283, 285 you would throw out the 281 and 285 and take the average of 282, 282, and 283, which is 282.3.

taligator

« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2006, 01:50:50 PM »

I really am confused. I have tons of energy (I think it's the coconut oil) and yet this past few days I'm not sleeping well. I go to sleep OK but waking up I'm not rested, I feel draggy and then mid-afternoon I seem to feel better and just keep going and going until midnight or later with no problems. It's just frustrating.

My first full day of SLD was the 18th of June but I did do some sugar water the 17th and so it's been a month.

Right now I'm doing an average of 4 TBS of coconut oil per day, 2 in the morning and 2 before bed. Some days I'll do sugar water around 3pm but most often not.

I usually take my oil first thing upon waking and then I may or may not feel the desire for breakfast. If I do, then I'll eat otherwise I don't. I have lunch at 12pm every day at work and the lunch is different every day, it's all catered food so it rarely tastes familiar. Dinner varies, sometimes it's popcorn and sometimes it's a restaurant meal. It just depends .. but I've cut down on my fast food intake.

I think this week I'm going to try a few different things:

1) eat breakfast first, then after an hour take my oil (around 10am or so) - 2 TBS
2) stop taking oil right before I go to bed
3) start taking 3 tbs or so of sugar water at 3pm
4) if I decide to do more oil that day, do it several hours before I go to sleep, like an hour after dinner.

Maybe 4tbs of oil is too much for me .. I have over 150lbs of weight to get rid of.

Maybe it's all just too much calories with what I'm eating normally. I have cut my portion sizes down on some meals but not all meals. I'm usually very hungry at lunch and less so at dinner.

Too many variables.

Seth -  thanks. I shouldn't get so frustrated but it's hard. I really do have a lot of faith in this and what bothers me is that once again I feel like I'm not normal and this isn't working. I know SLD doesn't work for everyone and you've said that before but I just hoped I wasn't one of those people and it's feeling like I am :(

taligator

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2006, 09:39:58 AM »

I did 3tbs of sugar yesterday afternoon and that seems to supress my appetite more than oil so today it'll be all sugar for me in an attempt to garner some of that supression for myself.

I'd do 3tbs here in a bit and then another 3 this afternoon .. it's only 270 calories in that dosage but I think that's enough to start with. It'll at least give me a good base to start from. I don't want to take too much on top of my other calories just yet. I'm wondering if perhaps I was just getting too much oil .. more is not always better.

taligator

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2006, 09:11:12 AM »

My weight is unfortunately still going up and down, sticking on the mostly UP part. I'm at 285.5 today but I think some of this has to do with my not sleeping well. I know somewhere it said that the better you sleep the easier weight loss is, especially with this plan.

This last week I'm not sleeping well at all. Last night I woke up every hour and it was awful and completely unusual for me. I tend to be a sound sleeper once I get to sleep but not lately, I'm waking up frequently and I get back to sleep fairly quick but it's still an interruption. I don't know if it's the heat or what but my apartment is pretty hot even at night.

I think I'm going to start taking my melatonin again, I'd stopped when I was feeling so rested two weeks ago but those effects didn't last.

Seth gave me a suggestion to try out and I plan to do that but I haven't been able to get the supplies yet. I'll aim to do that tonight and see how it goes. I'll keep ya'll posted.

taligator

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2006, 08:38:01 AM »

Seth had given me a suggestion for losing weight and while I appreciate it, I think I'm going to hold off for now because it's a little more out there than I can wrap my mind around right now.

Instead, I'm doing the following:

I've added 100 calories of flax seed oil capsules to my regime, I take 5 in the morning with 1 tbs of coconut oil washed down with 1 tsp of sugar in about 2 cups of water. I find that in the morning especially, the sugar water helps give my body something to focus on right away instead of the oil just hitting rock bottom. It staves off the queasiness I get sometimes. The flax capsules as well help me to feel full and I found yesterday (my first day) that I wasn't hungry until lunchtime despite doing a lot of running around. I had access and the ability to eat but didn't feel the urge - what a nice feeling!

I think I may stop doing the oil at night because I am beginning to wonder if it just provides me with too much energy. On the whole I have a lot of energy, moreso than I've had in a really long time and adding the oil at night may rev up my body too much to help it sleep. I think I'm going to shoot for the oil/pill/sw combo around 3pm and see if that works out better for me.

My weight is down 2.5lbs today which is good to see. I got my air conditioner set up last night so I slept a bit better and woke up not nearly as swollen in the ankles. I haven't been sleeping well at all this past week because of the heat and I don't think the coconut oil helped either. I was literally waking up every hour and then dropping back to sleep.

Last night though I had the most vivid and strange dreams ... go flax seed oil!

melissacb

« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2006, 06:18:25 AM »

hi taligator-
Have you tried not weighing yourself every day?  how about just once a week or once a month?  I gave up on weighing myself 3 years ago.  I would see the number on the scale and it would totally demoralize me.  i just go by how my clothes fit and feel.
good luck to you-stick with it. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18