Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
What weight?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What weight?  (Read 9544 times)

webster

What weight?
« on: June 25, 2006, 10:43:03 AM »

OK, so I know that on the chick magnet scale middle aged, bald and happily married isn't noticeably higher than middle aged, bald, fat and happily married.  Also, I've come to realize that living too long can be a whole lot worse than dying in good time.  So what I'm saying is I'm not very motivated to lose weight, and haven't been for a whole long time.  I mean, I'm willing to put in just about zero effort to that cause.  Still, when I read about the Shangri-La diet, I just had to try it out.  The claims were just too outrageous, and I just could not see any downside.  It was a "just gotta check this out" kind of thing.  After three weeks, I didn't know how much weight I'd lost because I never weigh myself.  But I'd taken my belt in a notch(and now I'm down a second notch).

Then I had to buy another bottle of canola oil.  The first bottle, for no real reason, was organic.  The second, for no real reason, was not - though it was the same brand (Spectrum).  The day after I began using the non-organic oil I was wanting a snack in the afternoon.  The next day I found myself longing for food just like I had before starting this experiment.  "What's up with this?", thought I.  I went back and got another bottle of the organic stuff, and now a week later I'm back to the blissful state of just not caring about food most all the day.  I eat when the actual hunger pangs get irritating enough for me to notice them.

I'll be on this regimen forever, I think, because of one reason.  I have lost the constant urge to eat, and that is real freedom.  I realize that sooner or later I'll hit the new dynamically balanced set point and this blissful state will fade somewhat.  But until then I'm really enjoying it.  I'll never be able to report how much weight I've lost, but as far as I'm concerned, I've lost something that was far more terrible than weight - that enthrallment to food.

bekel

• Global Moderator
  • I <3 omega-3s
Re: What weight?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 11:37:19 AM »

We focus on the numbers so much that we forget the Shangri-la.

Thanks for writing this.

Proud member of Lab Rats United, noseclipped unit: Tested on since May 18, 2006.

Stephen M (Ethesis)

• http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
    • http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
Re: What weight?
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 07:56:59 PM »

We focus on the numbers so much that we forget the Shangri-la.

Thanks for writing this.

Well said.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18