Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
PBJ's progress, Week 7, Emotional Eating

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PBJ's progress, Week 7, Emotional Eating  (Read 2935 times)

PBJ

PBJ's progress, Week 7, Emotional Eating
« on: June 22, 2006, 08:35:45 AM »

Hello all,

I am still stuck at 138, but I figure that six solid pounds lost over six and a half weeks is probably a healthy rate. I am trying to get to 125. I would love to be there in 10-12 weeks.

I began incorporating the oil during weeks 5 and 6. It has made a big difference in reducing appetite in the morning and very late afternoon, periods during the day that used to present problems for me. I am now using oil and sugar water. I bought fructose but have not tried it yet.

It is now so easy to identify when I am doing "emotional eating" or eating out of boredom. In fact, even when I eat meals (one regular-sized meal a day, usually around noon), I feel like I am eating because that is what I am supposed to do, which I am realizing is a hard habit to break. Some mornings I begin to feel that warm stomach growling after my coffee, but then I swallow the oil and it goes away. Can't figure out if the growling is related to coffee or actual hunger, but anyway it's gone before I can think much about it. A note on the emotional eating -- the other morning, my husband began talking to me about buying plane tickets for a family affair this summer, which has been a sore subject for a few weeks, and I immediately reached for the peanut butter and starting eating spoonfuls out of the jar. At that moment, I almost stepped out of my body and watched myself do it. Even though this type of behavior isn't totally changed yet, I'm working on it, and I'm happy that it's easier to identify. There is no confusion about why I'm doing it because I am certain I'm not hungry. Thought that was worth reporting.

I am definitely feeling dizzy when I stand up too quickly and am wondering if people out there have advice about that. However, I am still able to exercise at a high heart rate, and even feel more lightweight and fit having eaten less.

Good luck everyone!

PBJ

ejostling

Re: PBJ's progress, Week 7, Emotional Eating
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 11:11:08 AM »

Hi PBJ,

I know you probably don't want to hear this, but your "lightheadedness" when standing up is serious lack of calories.  Your starving and your blood pressure is out of whack.  Try to spread your calories out evenly throughout the day and see if that helps.  1200 is the hard and fast rule if you are physically active.  DO NOT go under 900,  especially if you are getting lightheaded and dizzy you could fall and injure yourself.  Good Luck!!!

PBJ

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 01:14:02 PM »

Thanks for the advice. I have not been counting calories -- just eating what I want, usually one meal per day and some snacks -- but maybe I should. I would be very surprised if I'm getting under 1200 calories. Maybe you're right and I need to be spreading them out throughout the day instead of consuming them all at once, though Dr Roberts says something in the book about how humans are not meant to be eating all day long (I think he is responding to the popular diet tip about boosting one's metabolism by eating small meals throughout the day). I have to add that the dizzy spell never happens when I am exercising, only when I've been sitting still for a while and then get up and start moving quickly, say, to answer the phone. Anyway, I will make sure to get enough nutrition. Thanks again for the response.

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 07:23:17 PM »

I don't think the lightheadedness is due to lack of calories. I think it is due to the combination of sitting a long time and low blood pressure. The low blood pressure is good. Sitting a lot is bad but even I -- who has found that the more I stand, the better I sleep -- have to admit that it is not always avoidable. I am sitting as I type this.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 09:14:59 PM by Seth Roberts »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18