Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Girljedi's bouncy road down the hill.....

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: Girljedi's bouncy road down the hill.....  (Read 64096 times)

Rabin the Cat

Re: Girljedi's data (start date 6/21/06)
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2006, 06:20:03 PM »

I had a big carb day yesterday and could barely bring myself to eat anything today. My body is finally learning some balance. Or my brain is. girljedi, you said 175 is your ultimate goal. How tall are you? I'm somewhere between 5'4" and 5'5" and 175 is my goal too. The charts say that's still too fat, but I like being curvy, I just want to choose how curvy. What's your reasoning for 175?

girljedi

• "Do or do not; there is no try...."
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2006, 10:44:27 AM »

I'm 5'3" and 42 years old.  I don't want to be "thin,"  I just want to fit into a size 12-14 and be healthy!  I think 175 is a realistic weight for me at this stage of my life.

Besides, to maintain a "thin" weight (145-160) is just too much work, and at the rate I'm losing on SLD, I'll be 80 when I get there anyway!   :D

Rabin, so glad to hear from you!  I didn't see you post for the longest time, then noticed a week or so ago that you're back.  How's Stink Ape?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 06:47:35 PM by girljedi »

Rabin the Cat

« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2006, 07:53:11 PM »

I see we have the same reasoning on our goal weight! I was interested way back in 2005 when I started my unsucessful WW journey that my doctor thought 200 was a perfectly reasonable and healthy goal for me. I'm also 42.

The Ape is doing well, thanks so much for asking. He got a little careless this past month with his second dose (Careless as in skipping it too often) and started having the evening munchies again. He caught himself and is back in the oily saddle. He can button and comfortably wear half a dozen shirts that have been in his closet unworn for 4 years. One of these days I may make him weigh himself.

SILENT

• STARTING DATE 09/27/06
« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2006, 07:57:50 PM »

I convinced my husband to start the oil also to curb the evening munchies.

"I live in my own little world, but it's ok, they know me here"

Jenn

• **~Feeling more ZEN every day~**
    • come listen to some of our tunes on myspace
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2006, 08:30:21 AM »

Silent,
  it is cool when the spouses  jump on board!

Jenn
Drinking anything that feels good at the moment, not worrying about my body and feeling very, very good about that!
I am at a healthy weight and get slimmer/healthier every day!

girljedi

« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2006, 09:45:03 AM »

I wish I could get mine to try it.  He is very thoughtful towards me & SLD - reminding me in the mornings when we walk to take my oil - but HE hasn't wanted to try it.  I think if I'd lost 10-20 pounds by now, he might try it...<sigh!>

girljedi

« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2006, 05:04:49 AM »

Finally got on the scale today.  Still 219, thank goodness!

I have noticed that when I eat more complex carbs, I eat more food, have stronger cravings and want to eat more the next day.  I'm working on balancing the carbs with lean protein in a 2 to 1 ration (for every 2 g of carbs, I have 1 g of protein).  That seems to keep everything in check.  Stephen M mentioned the importance of protein in a recent post, too.

It's comforting to know there are other members of the "Glacially slow losers club."  Still, a loss is a loss, regardless of how slowly it comes!  It's also comforting to know not all the guys are dropping weight like bricks!

I'm going to try the ACV today.  I'll drink it about an hour before lunch today and see how it goes.  I like that I can just dump 1 TBL in a water bottle and be done!

I mentioned to my hubby that other hubbies are joining their spouses on SLD, but he just smiled at me!  He just doesn't care about his weight and health enough to DO anything about it, other than walk with me!  He needs to lose around 40-50 pounds - all around his middle!  I just know he'd lose weight quickly if he would just swig some oil with me!  He has a really high metabolism, but eats like he did when he was a cyclist and rode 30-40 miles a day.  You can't eat 4000 calories a day and NOT gain weight when you don't exercise.  Oh well....I'll get him to try SLD somehow!!!

Still keepin' on....

Jenn

« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2006, 09:51:39 AM »

I mentioned to my hubby that other hubbies are joining their spouses on SLD, but he just smiled at me!  He just doesn't care about his weight and health enough to DO anything about it, other than walk with me!  He needs to lose around 40-50 pounds - all around his middle!  I just know he'd lose weight quickly if he would just swig some oil with me!  He has a really high metabolism, but eats like he did when he was a cyclist and rode 30-40 miles a day.  You can't eat 4000 calories a day and NOT gain weight when you don't exercise.  Oh well....I'll get him to try SLD somehow!!!

Still keepin' on....

Well, Men are often skeptical and often less concerned about their health and appearance!  Sometimes it  takes a doctor scaring them or the threat of erectile dysfuntion that will only lead them to change.  Especially the latter :D
My hubby, wants to feel sexy again...you know he just turned 43 and is feeling a little "old". :)

Jenn

Drinking anything that feels good at the moment, not worrying about my body and feeling very, very good about that!

girljedi

« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2006, 09:58:20 AM »

Update to earlier post - I drank the ACV today (1 TBL in 16 oz of water).  When I went to the ladies' before lunch, my pee was GREEN!  That's a first!  Anyone else had this happen after drinking ACV?  Maybe I put too much ACV in the water bottle?   :shock:

Jenn...my hubby had his bloodwork done last year at my insistence.  He eats a high-fat, junky diet and all his blood levels were NORMAL.  No high triglycerides, HDL/LDL ok - it's just not fair!!  I keep warning him he can only ride that wave so long - his poor eating will catch up with him!!!!  I want him around and healthy when we're older and can retire - I want to travel!  Don't you just love 'em when they only care about the present?  (I know all the guys aren't like that, so don't get riled at me!  There are lots of women out there who don't take care of themselves, either!   :D)

Jenn

« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2006, 11:24:38 AM »

Update to earlier post - I drank the ACV today (1 TBL in 16 oz of water).  When I went to the ladies' before lunch, my pee was GREEN!  That's a first!  Anyone else had this happen after drinking ACV?  Maybe I put too much ACV in the water bottle?   :shock:

Jenn...my hubby had his bloodwork done last year at my insistence.  He eats a high-fat, junky diet and all his blood levels were NORMAL.  No high triglycerides, HDL/LDL ok - it's just not fair!!  I keep warning him he can only ride that wave so long - his poor eating will catch up with him!!!!  I want him around and healthy when we're older and can retire - I want to travel!  Don't you just love 'em when they only care about the present?  (I know all the guys aren't like that, so don't get riled at me!  There are lots of women out there who don't take care of themselves, either!   :D)

Green Pee huh! Well I have heard of Green Tea but...ummm that one is a mystery to me.  Are you sure that there wasn't one of those blue toilet puck things in the toilet? :D

And yep, guys do think about the present moment...and the pursuit of immediate pleasure.  :D :D :D Well...ummmm, I guess we all do sometimes, like when presented with a gourmet dessert and we still have room left in our tummies for it! :D Too bad SLD seems to leave way less room in the tummy these days!

Jenn

bigbaddar

« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2006, 10:00:59 AM »

All this talk about ACV.  I've decided to join the group and start taking 2 tabs with each meal.  Is that too many? Should I start out with just 2 tabs once a day?  I figured if I added this in to the SLD regime maybe I'll lose a little faster...Impatient I am...What can I say...

Reached my original goal of 200 lbs from 235....Onto a 2nd goal of 185!

SILENT

• STARTING DATE 09/27/06
« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2006, 10:35:07 AM »

I love vinegar drink the stuff straight in a juice glass lol

"I live in my own little world, but it's ok, they know me here"

Jenn

« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2006, 07:33:00 AM »

All this talk about ACV.  I've decided to join the group and start taking 2 tabs with each meal.  Is that too many? Should I start out with just 2 tabs once a day?  I figured if I added this in to the SLD regime maybe I'll lose a little faster...Impatient I am...What can I say...

Bigbaddar,
   Your ticker looks good though, the weight will go, hey if it moves for me now....you are going to be cruisin'!!
I think the ACV that people are taking is in liquid form...I wonder if the tabs have the same potent effects?

Jenn

girljedi

« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2006, 04:51:52 AM »

As of 10/21/06:

Weight - 219  (and man, was I really worried about a gain this week!)  :shock:
Oil - 2 TBL ELOO at waking, hit or miss with the 1 TBL of ELOO at bedtime

1 super B complex vitamin, 1 anti-oxidant vitamin and 1 acidolphous (sp!) pill when I brush my teeth in the morning.

Walking - walked last weekend and walked today   :(

New Experiment:   1 TBL of ACV (Bragg's) in 18-24 oz. water bottle or 1 tsp in 8 oz. of water.  I took it the first day before lunch and other days in late afternoon (3:00 or so), or 30-40 min. before dinner.  I can say the ACV makes me go to the bathroom more, not to mention green pee!

This was probably the worst week I've had on SLD - not much AS, wanting to snack, a return of my afternoon chocolate cravings...you'd think I had TOM, but that was almost two weeks ago.   I didn't do a good job with carbs this week.  If I have too many ditto type carbs, I'm asking for trouble.  I don't believe all carbs are evil, but the ditto ones (birthday cake, doughnuts, muffins, Eggo waffles, cookies, etc.) are not good for me.  Thankfully, I've got 4 months of practice of not having cravings, so I didn't succumb to them entirely.  When it comes to breakfast, I must have a good protein foundation or I'm carb-plagued for the rest of the day.  If I have a high-protein breakfast, I'm not hungry until lunch (if then, when I have good AS).

I was not faithful in my evening oil this week, either.  Don't know why, just didn't feel like taking it.  So, this week we tighten the belt and get back on track!!!!

I'm going to take my measurements this morning and see if I've lost any more inches.  My face seems slimmer to me, but maybe that's just my imagination.  No one has commented on it, yet.

Jenn

« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2006, 11:53:20 AM »

Girljedi,
   You know, SLD is a path, it is not perfectly straight to the destination, there are hills and turns and clearings and brush, don't worry, we will get there to the end, at least to the end of our goal, and then to maintenance.
  And in between I think we are going to have binge days and movie nights with chips and popcorn, birthday parties with fabulous food and cake, and days of water and salad because of amazing AS, and days of absolute control over food and thoughts of it.

At least we can know that with SLD, those days of control, will out number the days of lapse.  How long it takes to get to the end of our journey depends on how curvy the road is, but if we move forward with one foot in front of the other, we will all get there eventually.

Keep the faith and good luch this week :D

Jenn
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 27   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18