Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Girljedi's bouncy road down the hill.....

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: Girljedi's bouncy road down the hill.....  (Read 64689 times)

chrianna

• this is a test, this is only a test
Re: Girljedi's data (start date 6/21/06)
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2006, 12:53:27 PM »

woohoo for you, GJ!  tomorrow's 220 will definitely prove that you've broken through the plateau.  congrats!

BarbH

« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2006, 12:59:48 PM »

I think you will too!  :)  

Hey - I fixed your baked fish last night.  It was wonderful!  I used tilapia.  I'll make that again.  In fact I'm hosting game night this week and I think I'll do a repeat.  

Thanks again! - BarbH

girljedi

• "Do or do not; there is no try...."
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2006, 01:08:39 PM »

Hang onto your hats - 220 again today!!!   YIPPEE!!!!  Another pound officially gone!!!!!

I actually "feel" lighter, if a one pound loss can do that!  I noticed today that a few pairs of my shoes are looser, too.

Thanks for the encouragement Chrianna and BarbH.  That fish recipe wins me raves every time I fix it, too!  It's so easy to boot.

This southern gal has a BIG smile on her face today!!! :D  :D

Jenn

• **~Feeling more ZEN every day~**
    • come listen to some of our tunes on myspace
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2006, 02:03:08 PM »

Girljedi,

WHOOOOHOOOOO! I am doing a happy dance for you!  I noticed that you stared around the same time as I did.  But..."sniff" I have yet to see the scale budge.  But soon, I hope.  I'm really watching the calories and starchy foods.  You give me hope!

Jenn
Drinking anything that feels good at the moment, not worrying about my body and feeling very, very good about that!
I am at a healthy weight and get slimmer/healthier every day!

girljedi

« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2006, 04:01:53 AM »

Normally, I weigh myself just once a week because I know weight can fluctuate from day to day.  Now, since I've finally dropped down a pound, I'm weighing myself each morning.  This morning, the scale read 219!   :shock:  Again, I won't feel its "official" unless I weigh the same thing tomorrow.

Why a "whoosh" after all this time?  I don't know.  I did stop taking my evening 2 TBL of WO about four days ago.  I started taking a  acidolphous (sp!) pill and super B-complex vitamin every day.  Today I'm starting an antioxidant pill too.  I don't know if only taking 2 TBL of oil is doing it, although I did that before back in August.  It's a mystery!  Whatever it is, I'm just happy!!!

As Frenata and Bekel tell all the newbies, SLD is truly an experiment!

At a cookout on Saturday night, I told a friend about SLD.  She liked the fact that SLD is inexpensive, non-restrictive (except for the 2 hr window!), and is something you control.  I asked if she wanted to borrow my book, but she didn't say one way or the other.  I'll bring it in and just leave it for her one day this week....

Jenn

« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2006, 08:14:12 AM »

Girljedi,
  I started to really watch my starch intake and make sure I have a decent protein source at each meal.  Stopped skipping meals and just having coffee for breakfast, I think it was whacking out my blood sugar.  I am feeling more energetic and light these days, The thing is, that without the help of SLD, I would have a hard time eating Low Gi  and low starch, but with hunger so controlled, I am able to make wise choices,  Maybe this time around with fitday keeping track of calories, I can lose this flab of mine.
The scale seems to be down 1 LB.  I hope it is not false joy. I think weighing once a week is good too. It is right before my period right now too, so I wouldn't doubt if I actually weigh more for a couple of days.

I really need to start taking a multi vitamin and calcium, with this low calorie eating, I am afraid that I don't get enough calcium and other minerals and vitamins.
Keep the faith
Jenn
Drinking anything that feels good at the moment, not worrying about my body and feeling very, very good about that!

girljedi

« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2006, 10:09:24 AM »

Jenn,

I know for a fact the older I get (I'm 42) the harder it is lose ANY weight.  Last fall I worked hard on not eating as much and walking and managed to lose around 10 pounds.  Then the holidays...we had company for 10 days straight and I fell off the wagon with a big thump.  Ever since, I've tried to work on cutting down food amounts, but it wasn't working.  My sweet teeth (I have a mouthful) just begged for chocolate and sweets constantly.

Only since I started SLD have I completely lost the urge to consume large quantities of chocolate.

I don't know why I recently lost a pound after bouncing up and down from 221 for the past two months.  I'm just glad to finally get below that dreaded number!  Hopefully I won't stick here (219) for another two months!  :?

There are just some of us for which SLD doesn't work like a magic bullet.  It does work in the sense of appetite suppression/reduction and craving control, but it doesn't work as well in the losing weight category.

Thanks for hanging in there, Jenn!

saggi girl

« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2006, 11:04:54 AM »

Congrats on those last 2 pounds, Girljedi.  I have really been crossing my fingers for you, hoping that you would see some results.

girljedi

« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2006, 05:10:29 AM »

Thanks, SG!  You've been doing well, too!

It was enormous relief to step on the scales this morning after several days away from the scale and still see the needle resting BELOW 220!  Man, does that feel good!

Now, onto my next micro-goal of 215!  If I get below 215, that will be the least I"ve weighed in nearly 10 years.  My birthday's coming up in December (yes, I'm a sag girl, too!) and I'd truly love to weigh less than 215 as a present.

Jenn

« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2006, 06:13:17 AM »

Thanks, SG!  You've been doing well, too!

It was enormous relief to step on the scales this morning after several days away from the scale and still see the needle resting BELOW 220!  Man, does that feel good!

Now, onto my next micro-goal of 215!  If I get below 215, that will be the least I"ve weighed in nearly 10 years.  My birthday's coming up in December (yes, I'm a sag girl, too!) and I'd truly love to weigh less than 215 as a present.

Yippeee for you girljedi!  It is so much fun when the weight stays down that little notch.  For the last 2 days, my weight was back up 1 LB.  I had the feeling it must be some water weight....Well I ate salty food last night, 2 days away from period, and the scale shows a real 1 LB down!  YYYYYAAAAAAY!  It has been such a long time coming!  Man, since June!  I can say that the low GI thing works for me....at least for 1 pound of it.

Jenn

girljedi

« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2006, 04:04:45 AM »

That's great, Jenn!!!

girljedi

« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2006, 05:13:54 AM »

Just a mid-week observation....yesterday I was HUNGRY nearly ALL DAY!  I ate my lunch at 12:00, when normally I eat around 1:00, 'cause I was about to starve!   I wanted to snack all afternoon, but made myself drink 2 mugs of tea instead.  At dinner, I just wanted to eat, and eat, and eat.  I did restrain myself and not jump completely off the deep end.  The question lingers, though - WHY?  I haven't felt this way since pre-SLD - like I could eat and keep on eating and never get full...  When I went to bed last night, it was strange to feel hungry. 

It is PMS time again, so that may be part of the issue.   Maybe my setpoint is moving (at last!) and my body is trying to fight it....  Who knows?

My stomach is growling now as I speak (8:10 am EDT), so I need to eat some breakfast.  I'm off today, so maybe I'll finally make a smoothie.  Still no noseclips, though.  (Yes, I am the biggest wuss!)

Official weigh-in is later this week, so maybe I'll see another drop!

Jenn

« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2006, 10:00:20 AM »

Girljedi, 
  Don't feel bad, I had a nice 3 day over-eat binge myself...totally pms related, I can find no other reason.  I made a deep dish apple pie last night for dessert and ate almost 1/3 of it myself!  2 servings at supper and the leftovers at night.  Usually I am able to easily resist anything that I bake....except at pms time!!!! It is totally the hormones I am almost posititve!  And the scale is up 2 more pounds, which makes me, well......freak-out.  Today though I have very good appetite suppression, so probably the extra pounds will go away , most likely water weight. Hope so!

Jenn

bigbaddar

« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2006, 12:54:13 PM »

Girljedi,

Looks like I better move my butt and lose a few more pounds.  At 219 you're right behind me.

Congrats on your progress....

Bigbaddar

Reached my original goal of 200 lbs from 235....Onto a 2nd goal of 185!

girljedi

« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2006, 04:22:27 AM »

Well, the hunger I can definitely attribute to PMS   :?   I consumed lots of carbs yesterday!!!   Prior experience tells me I'll be back to "normal" (SLD) appetite by Thursday.  I didn't have The Eats (Frenata's term) this bad last time!!!!  Sheesh!  Gotta be firm in my resolve today and drink LOTS of water or tea.

Thanks for the encouragement, Jenn and Bigbaddar.   BB, you're WAY ahead of me in total pounds lost, but our ultimate goal is the same.  Mine just says 200 now because I'd like to GET there and just rejoice!!!!!   175 is my ultimate ideal.   I hope to get there with you!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 27   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18