Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Girljedi's bouncy road down the hill.....

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: Girljedi's bouncy road down the hill.....  (Read 64095 times)

girljedi

• "Do or do not; there is no try...."
Re: Girljedi's data (start date 6/21/06)
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2006, 04:56:35 PM »

Okay - BIG mea culpa, brain freeze, senior moment, etc. today!  (And of course you're wondering - why is GJ telling us this???)

This morning, I got up at 5:30 am to walk as usual.  I went into the bathroom to take my oil.  For some reason, I thought I had my 1/2 TBL spoon instead of my 1 TBL and took 3 TBL of oil at one go.  I didn't even realize what I'd done until about 10 minutes later when the brain cells finally woke up.  Almost immediately, I felt queasy, but it passed quickly. 

I normally take 2 TBL in the morning, so what's one more, right??

So tonight, I'll take just one TBL of oil to get my four for the day.  Rest assured that I'll try to be more awake tomorrow morning while taking my oil.   :)

Weight still at 222-223.  Appetite suppression this week was 4-5.  Am seriously considering noseclipping a smoothie for breakfast to see how that works for me (at least hubby will be at work so he won't see that I've really gone over the deep end!).  Mild frustration that appetite suppression isn't consistent from day to day, even though I've been chugging 2-4 TBL of oil for over nine weeks now.

Goals for this week:  1.  I need to get back to drinking more water.  Was pretty good for a week or two but lately just haven't hydrated enough.
2.  Go back to taking oil in the mid-afternoon.  (1 TBL at waking, 1 TBL mid-morning, 1 TBL mid-afternoon and 1 TBL at bedtime.)  It is very convenient to take it first and last thing, but I'm not sure that is the right timetable for me.  I'll try it for two weeks and see.  If the appetite suppression returns, then I'll know.
3.  Get a noseclip.  I suppose its time to join the ranks of the noseclippers, at least for breakfast!

bekel

• Global Moderator
  • I <3 omega-3s
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2006, 05:06:01 PM »

My appetite suppression isn't consistant either, but it's a lot better with the noseclips. I find that if I wait 15-20 mins after eating then it seems to kick in hard. I have to eat half of what I want then wait to see if I was really hungry or if my eyes were hungry, if that makes any sense.

The whole thirsty vs hungry thing is important for me as well. Many times I am thirsty when I think that I feel like nibbling.

Good luck with the clips!

Proud member of Lab Rats United, noseclipped unit: Tested on since May 18, 2006.

akhdar

« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2006, 08:51:40 PM »

Thanks for your concern, Akhdar.  You have such a serene way of expressing yourself in words. 

Thank you. I am thinking of sending this sweet quote to some former boyfriends but I may be liable when they fatally injure themselves laughing.

Ha!

How was the appetite suppression with the extra oil at one go?

Best,

Akhdar

girljedi

« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2006, 04:00:26 AM »

Weighed yesterday and have come back down to 221!

I switched back to 2 TBL ELOO at waking and 2 TBL WO at bedtime.  On Wednesday, I even had some SW mid-afternoon because I wanted something hot to sip on and didn't want tea.

Haven't walked in two days, but hope to get some in this afternoon.

Still haven't implemented my goals from earlier in the week, so I'll keep them for the next week.

Akhdar, I didn't really notice any appetite change after taking the big 3 TBL dosage. 

At this point, I just want to kiss the 220s goodbye!!!!!   I wonder if my setpoint has been really high (way above my weight) and is taking its sweet time dropping, OR if I need to reduce my caloric intake more?  I am eating between 1800 and 2200 calories based on my fitday information.  With 4TBL of oil, my calories from fat is sometimes higher than carbs or protein.  In order to move the percentages around, I need to eat mostly low-fat during the day.  I'm still tweaking this.

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2006, 04:41:08 AM »

At this point, I just want to kiss the 220s goodbye!!!!!   I wonder if my setpoint has been really high (way above my weight) and is taking its sweet time dropping, OR if I need to reduce my caloric intake more?  I am eating between 1800 and 2200 calories based on my fitday information.  With 4TBL of oil, my calories from fat is sometimes higher than carbs or protein.  In order to move the percentages around, I need to eat mostly low-fat during the day.  I'm still tweaking this.

My calories from fat are ALWAYS higher than my carbs or protein, and by a substantial amount. That's mostly the oil, of course, but I also eat a lot of meat and dairy, which contributes. Sometimes my alcohol calories come close, though  :)

I eat well under what Fitday considers my maintenance calories. They suggest 2,300, and I eat between 1,300 and 1,900 per day. I'm scrupulous about counting everything, and I'm only losing VERY slowly at that rate. Sadly, I suspect that's going to turn out to be the key: very severe calorie restriction. Oh, well. I'm feeling no pain.
Running weight tally:

girljedi

« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2006, 08:52:24 AM »

Another week since my last post - still at 221.

Hmmmm....I'm slightly frustrated, but not so much that I'm giving up.

My hubby, wonderful though he is, has not been helpful lately in that he has some reason why he can't go walking most mornings now.  I do not feel safe walking by myself at 5:30 in the morning, so I don't go.  I obviously need to devise a plan to walk without him!  Our family schedule, now that school has started, is fairly tight, but I will make a space.  I like walking.  :D   I like the energy I get from moving around and I like the shrinking waistline.

In reading other posts, I am coming to the conclusion that my setpoint has lowered all it is going to with just oil alone.  My body is really fighting this loss.  It absolutely DOESN'T want to go below 220.   :evil:   I don't want to increase my oil intake to 5 TBL, so I guess I will need to noseclip.  <gulp!>

This coming Thursday (9/21) , I will celebrate three months on SLD.   Who would have thought????   While I haven't enjoyed the wonderful weight loss as many others, I have enjoyed other benefits that encourage me to stay on program.  Where my body is concerned, I don't want a quick "miracle" weight loss.  I want it to come off slowly so that it will STAY off.  I don't want to take a handful of meds daily because I didn't take proper care of myself when I had the chance.  I want to be healthy enough to enjoy retirement when that time comes and live life fully until then.

I want to REMAIN free of unhealthy cravings and making poor food choices and SLD is helping me do that.  Thanks.....

Marianna

« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2006, 09:07:22 AM »

Can you find a neighbor or friend to meet you at 5:30am??  Post a notice at your kids' school if not--You shouldn't have to feel scared--I bet you will find an enthusiastic wallking buddy--

CarolS

« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2006, 08:23:26 AM »

This is true.  I have a  bid dog and feel pretty confident going on hiking trails with him.  His need for exercise has kept me going a lot of times when otherwise would be a couch potato.

girljedi

« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2006, 10:28:56 AM »

Right now, my family life is too chaotic for a dog.  I would LOVE to have one, though.  I've thought about borrowing a neighbor's dog to walk, but haven't pursued it much past the "thinking" stage.  Thanks for the suggestions!

I do have a treadmill in our basement that I will have to use once the morning temps start dropping below freezing.  It's bad enough to get up 45 minutes earlier than I have to without freezing to death on top of it!  I just hate treadmills - you do all this exertion and don't GO anywhere!  :D

Anyway - my weekly report - 3 months on SLD!!!!

Weight - 221
Oil - 4 TBL (2 ELOO am and 2 WO pm)

This week, I've been feeling rather nauseated and didn't take my oil one evening and one morning.  If I eat anything too sweet or too fatty, I just feel yucky afterward.   I've been craving hot tea, which helps with the stomach.  Why this feeling after three months?  I haven't been nauseous (sp?) before this?

So...still haven't noseclipped.  I was at the Den of Iniquity (AKA Wal-Mart) yesterday and forgot to look for them!  Was that Freudian or what?

Still plodding along, but if I stil haven't lost more weight by October 21..... :(

girljedi

« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2006, 11:26:24 AM »

Thanks for moving me, Dr. Roberts.  I didn't even ask!  You're certainly on the ball!   :D

CarolS

« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2006, 11:50:21 AM »

Walmart didn't have the nose clips here.  Had to get them from Modell's, a sporting goods store.  Sport's Authority had everything in the world but nose clips.

Stephen M (Ethesis)

• http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
    • http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2006, 06:57:20 AM »

Walmart didn't have the nose clips here.  Had to get them from Modell's, a sporting goods store.  Sport's Authority had everything in the world but nose clips.

That is why I finally bought some at Amazon.  Couldn't find them anywhere (was told I was way too late in the season).

girljedi

« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2006, 06:59:45 AM »

OK, thanks for the tip!  I'll check out Amazon today...

girljedi

« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2006, 05:26:28 PM »

So, another week on SLD.

Really noticed a spike in appetite suppression this week.  One morning, I didn't want breakfast, which for me is a totally strange thing.  I always want breakfast!  I didn't eat until around 11:00 when I began to feel slightly woozy from low blood sugar.
I haven't changed a thing from last week except for one day, so go figure!!!

The weekly stats:

Weight 221  (my new friend, it seems.  225 was my friend for 9 years....)
Oil - 2 TBL ELOO at waking, 2 TBL WO at bedtime
Appetitle - mornings 3 ; afternoons 3-4
Exercise - only walked one morning this week    :(

Mother in law (who lives with us) went into the hospital on Wednesday for a total knee replacement surgery.  Kids after-school schedule has been crazy, too.  I had a big project at work that finally wrapped up yesterday, but man, I'm so behind!!!!!  Like a US commercial says - life hits you fast!!  Since I"ve been on SLD, I don't FEEL as out of control and frustrated.  I still get stressed, don't get me wrong, but my moods are better and I feel more able to handle the stress.  It is relaxing to have time to sit and read the forums at length instead of 15 minute snatches like I"ve had lately.

I fixed a nice dinner this evening and didn't want to eat any of it after I had it all on the table.   I had a small piece of chicken and some butternut squash, but that's it.  Man do I feel STUFFED.   I didn't take my evening WO yesterday because I was too tired to walk into the bathroom, hold my breath and knock it back.  I just crawled into bed and crashed.  I hate being that tired!

I'm procrastinating on the noseclips and smoothies.  I know I won't truly complete the experiment unless I increase my flavorless calories, but I'm just having a hard time with it.   I feel like I should be losing weight on just the oil alone without having to "fall back to the trenches" as it were.  I know so many others have tried noseclipping and found it helpful.  I'm just stubborn in this matter, I know....I'll get over it....eventually.  I'm not discouraged, just puzzled.

So many new members on the forum!  This is great!  The message about SLD is getting out to more people....

BTW, If anyone wants a good, non diet related book to read, I recommend "Three cups of tea" by Greg Mortensen.  Very thought provoking.   My family has had several good discussions about it.   It was a shock to my 8-year-old daughter to realize that girls don't go to school everywhere in the world.  What a privilege education is!

girljedi

« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2006, 12:41:42 PM »

Okay - I weighed myself this morning and can you believe it - 220!  I won't believe it's true unless I get on the scale tomorrow and it's the same.

(Keep mumbling to myself - I think it will, I think it will, I think it will.....)  (borrowed from Dgrillot2000)   :D
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 05:06:02 AM by girljedi »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 27   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18