Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Girljedi's bouncy road down the hill.....

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: Girljedi's bouncy road down the hill.....  (Read 64693 times)

Ann H

Re: Girljedi's data (start date 6/21/06)
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2006, 02:18:24 AM »

Neat, girljedi!

With me, a couple rounds of solid sleeping--and enough of it, which, alas, is about 10 or more hours with a few breastfeeding interruptions--is always followed by a loss of fat, whether it registers on the scale or only on my measurements / how my body feels. Let us know if sleep seems to have this impact for you, eh? It might just be lazy me... :)

Cheers,
Ann H

girljedi

• "Do or do not; there is no try...."
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2006, 09:54:56 AM »

I've decided to make a change in my goal weight.  I would like to weigh around 175, and will eventually, but I want to make my current goal a more tangible one for me - get below 200 pounds!

Once I make it that far, I will set a new goal for myself.

The heavens will shake and angels sing when I drop below 200!  Oh, what a joyful day that will be!!!  Until then, I can anticipate it and hope for it and watch my scale as my weight creeps slowly, ever so slowly, down.

I did weigh this morning and I've lost another pound.  Four altogether!  I go for my 6 month checkup this afternoon and I hope my blood tests show a downward trend as well.

taligator

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2006, 02:58:42 PM »

You are doing awesome! Your kids sound great too. It makes me smile to see parents who treat their children like people with the ability to think and not just little drones.

As for 175lbs .. that's one weight I'm looking forward to seeing too. That's the lowest adult weight I've ever had and I was a size 10 at that weight so that was a good place to be!

As for your TOM .. you might want to try adding in the flax oil capsules, check out my last progress update ...

girljedi

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2006, 10:58:12 AM »

My walnut oil (Spectrum Organic) arrived yesterday, so I started in with last night's dose - 1 TBL ELOO and 1 TBL WO.  I'm mixing the oils for awhile and deciding on the effect, I may do one oil in the am and one in the pm.

Appetite suppression has really gone downhill this past week.  I've had sweet cravings in the afternoons, but have held out.  I've allowed myself a granola bar and more water and that seems to work.  I've also wanted something to suck on.  Wonder why that is?

SO VERY excited for several people who've had no or minimal weight loss for 10-12 weeks and now have some success!  That gives me hope!

My hubby and I talked about SLD last night for the first time in awhile.  He said he was surprised I'm sticking with something that isn't working very well.  I had initally given myself two months to try SLD out.  (My two-month date is 8/21.)  I'm going to give it another two months before deciding one way or the other.  It is discouraging to have lost so little (4 lbs), but my mood is better, I do have some appetite suppression, and my sleep is sound (but those dreams!!!! :shock:)  We also discussed noseclipping, which I can't see myself doing without garnering way too many comments and questions.  Maybe when school starts and I'm eating breakfast in the car again after taking the kids to school...I can see myself slurping on a smoothie with my noseclipped in a car!!   :D

Have not weighed this week, but not expecting a loss.  I tend to go several weeks between a loss.  Have tried to incorporate more crazy spicing into my food, or at least different spicing.  I find I eat much less when the taste is different.  I did read on another thread that to truly crazy spice, there has to be at least 20 different spice blends?  I guess I should hunt up Peavey's online....

My doctor visit last week was informative, but somewhat sobering.  I didn't do bloodwork, but we discussed the numbers from my bloodwork six months ago.   I am looking at cholesterol medication and a diagnosis of diabetes if I can't get my weight down in the next six months.  My blood pressure is also higher than it should be, but not TOO high.  I did tell him about my walking program and that I've lost 4 lbs in the last two months.  He thought that was a good start.  In six months, at my current rate of loss (barring those nasty plateaus), I could lose 12 more pounds.  That didn't sound so hard to achieve, espcially with my secret weapon (SLD) :)

I checked out a copy of the SLD book again, just so I can refresh my mind about ditto food, appropriate amounts of oil, etc.  I think it is time to incorporate another "diet" plan with my SLD.  I don't want to lose weight too quickly, but I'd like to lose between 3-4 lbs a month, instead of my 1-2.  I also wonder if taking 4 TBL of oil is too much, but have found from others' experiences that tinkering around isn't always a good thing!

I need to get a good handle on exactly how many calories I am currently consuming and make sure my oil is in harmony with that amount.  Isn't 20% the right percentage of calories from oil?  (I'm sure one of you incredible intelligent people here on the forums can help with that.)  I also wonder if brands of ELOO make a difference.  Since I've been using my current brand (Carapelli??, I think that's the name), I haven't noticed as much appetite suppression.  I'm on my second bottle of it and will probably switch brands again just to be perverse!

So, I'm a little discouraged, wondering what I'm doing wrong (I know, those extra credits...) but not down for the count!  Since I weighed the same thing for eight years, my body isn't going to give up that comfortable set point without a fight!  Jedis are stubborn, though; especially the girl ones....

Thanks for the support, Jenn and Taligator!  I'll get there eventually!

Sorry for this long post...I needed to get this all out of my system!

GJ

Ann H

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2006, 09:08:06 PM »

Hmmm, Girljedi...

You might want to try nuking your set point down by getting far more of your calories tastelessly (protein drink with noseclips, fiber drink with noseclips (I mix mine), Beneke method, etc). I've only been doing it for err, four days now, but have dropped 4.5 pounds in that time, and hope it'll keep up (though on a reduced rate: think a lot of that was water weight). You can check out my thread in the "Three months or more" area.

I think some of us can't lose well steadily on low SLD calorie doses, and need to nuke ourselves with getting far more (and nutritious) calories tastelessly. It happened to Tim Beneke, too.

Good luck--and enjoy your wonderful family and other endeavors!  :)

girljedi

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2006, 10:31:03 AM »

Ann H you are always so supportive!  Thanks!

Just to keep records...I have "tasted" the walnut oil ever so slightly, so last night I dunked my 1 TBL in water and then knocked it back.  No taste!

Checked out the thread about Omega 3/6 in oils and the free software that helps to track your 3/6 levels in your food.  Since I probably have metabolic syndrome / insulin resistance, Il need to reduce the inflammation in my system, so I'll take a look at that.

Weighed this morning - showed a two pound gain, but since I had a big Chinese dinner last night (relatives from out of town), I'll weigh again on Saturday morning to see.   Appetite suppression up a little today - maybe the walnut oil is kicking in.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 11:53:05 AM by girljedi »

saggi girl

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2006, 11:23:27 AM »

Girljedi, don't give up.  Use the FORCE.   :lol:

Keep up the good efforts.  You are doing great by sticking with SLD.

Jenn

• **~Feeling more ZEN every day~**
    • come listen to some of our tunes on myspace
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2006, 12:18:30 PM »

Girljedi,
  You know, when I started SLD, I had periods of less appetite but couldn't understand how someone could not be hungry at all. I suppose that the oil was getting partially cancelled out by something, most likely ditto foods.  I realised that  for me grain products are "ditto" foods because of their high GI  and having reduced them has made a world of difference on the scale and on my appetite suppression.  It is 3:00 P.M. and the only thing that I have eaten is a chicken caesar salad with about 3 TBS of croutons.
I literally forced myself to eat it after I lost my hunger after the first 5 bites or so.

I feel it now.
Keep the faith

Jenn
Drinking anything that feels good at the moment, not worrying about my body and feeling very, very good about that!
I am at a healthy weight and get slimmer/healthier every day!

girljedi

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2006, 11:15:16 AM »

Well...my 2 lb. gain has stuck through Saturday when I weighed last.  I'm being stubborn (defiant?) and not changing my ticker.

I have switched over to all walnut oil and dropped the amounts to 2 TBL daily.  Going to up 4 didn't change my appetite suppression significantly, and who needs the extra calories from unnecessary oil?

I finally got on fitday.com and plugged in my food intake and nearly had a stroke!  Man, do I need to adjust my diet in a serious way.  If you think you don't eat much, or that you're relatively low calorie, get on fitday.com and plug in every little morsel that enters your mouth!  Hopefully you won't be as shocked as I was!

So...I need to do some serious overhauling here.  I know, thanks to Ann H, Frenata, Jenn, etc. that I need to get more flavorless calories in.  My family's life will be changing the next week once school starts (Finally!), so it will be easier to incorporate a smoothie for my breakfast most mornings.

I'm traveling on Wednesday with my kiddos to visit my parents, so I won't have access to internet or a scale for several days.  I have several books to read about insulin resistance, low GI eating, etc.

I will say that appetite suppression seems to be better this week.  I had three big meal occasions this weeked and managed them fairly well.  (even Fitday agreed with me!)  My fall from grace was Sunday evening, when my hubby and I celebrated our anniversary.  Oh well....back on target today.

I'm not giving up.  I will find the pattern that works for me!!  (enter Star Wars music here....)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 08:10:33 AM by girljedi »

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2006, 11:23:25 AM »

If you think you don't eat much, or that you're relatively low calorie, get on fitday.com and plug in every little morsel that enters your mouth!  Hopefully you won't be as shocked as I was!

I find fitday really helpful. I've always hated (and not been very good at) counting calories, but they make it pretty easy. (I could wish their drop-down food selections were more sensible -- like the most common things being toward the front of the list). I input the cream in my coffee, my psyllium fiber...every little thing.

The first thing I do in the morning is put in an estimate of my alcohol calories and oil calories, since I need to work around those to get in all my nutrition.

So if anybody at fitday is monitoring my account, it looks like I wake up in the morning and drink a hearty glass of vodka, chased with a cup of cooking oil.
Running weight tally:

girljedi

« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2006, 08:31:52 AM »

Well...back from my sojourn to the family homestead!  I forgot my oil, so I've been off SLD for five days.  Appetite suppression was there for the first three days, then weaker each succeeding day.  I will start my oil again tonight and get back on program.

I weighed myself this morning - 223   :?

I think I mentioned this in a post when I first came on board the forums - that my body REALLY likes weighing 225 and REALLY wants to stay there.  However, I went clothes shopping with my daughter on Friday and had to go back and get a SMALLER size.  I wanted to sing and dance for joy!!  So, I measured myself this morning and I've lost 1.5 inches around my waist and 1/2 an inch around my hips.  So, even though I haven't really lost much weight, SOMETHING  :shock: is happening here.  It could be my walking 4-5 days a week, it could be SLD, or it could be both.  I'm choosing to think it is both.

I've been following the SLD plan for two months.  While I haven't had "success" in the sense of weight loss, I have had success in appetite suppression, healthier eating, increased knowledge of my body, and all the wonderful information and comraderie here on the forum.  I'm going on for two more months and see what happens.  After all, the only thing I have to lose is weight!   :lol:

girljedi

« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2006, 09:13:59 AM »

Well, I'm a "full" member now - but full of what I don't know!!    :D

girljedi

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2006, 11:07:18 AM »

Weight this morning - 222.

Appetite suppression is back, but wavering somewhat.  Had a reasonable lunch yesterday at a Mexican resturant and was simple STUFFED for the rest of the day.  Wasn't really hungry for lunch today, but I could feel my blood sugar start to slide down, so I ate something.

I have progressed in my feelings toward noseclipping - I'm now considering going out to buy one.  I have always looked at this with an incredulous attitude (Dr. Roberts MUST be out of his mind if he thinks I'm going to do that!) but now....maybe.

Several people have asked if I've lost weight, but all I've lost is 1.5 inches around the middle.  I'm definitely an apple!!!

akhdar

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2006, 12:09:35 AM »

[So if anybody at fitday is monitoring my account, it looks like I wake up in the morning and drink a hearty glass of vodka, chased with a cup of cooking oil.

Frenata
, are you Ukranian, by any chance? :lol:

Girljedi, I have a weird question for you: Under how much stress do you consider yourself to be? Some issues in your posts seem to point to high cortisol levels (metabolic syndrome, apple shape, pre-diabetic stats, etc.). I have a feeling that high cortisol (aside from its basically negative impact) also diminishes the SLD effect. Not to be too Californian here but do you ever engage in soothing activities of any sort? Like meditation, yoga, listening to beautiful music, relaxation exercises or other slow somatic activities. I don't know exactly the reason, but as I was reading your posts, I just kept getting the nagging feeling that you may suffer a high congenital cortisol response. I hope that you are also taking a multivitamin with perhaps an extra full B spectrum? I know that this is an odd thing to suddenly post, but this feeling was so insistent that I had to respond. Do you ever feel exhausted and just dragged down for no apparent reason? Maybe beginning after pregnancy and/or lactation?

Please disregard this post if I am just being crazy Akhdar but it was just the weirdest feeling....

Hope you are feeling fine....

Akhdar

P.S. You may want to do a full check of your endocrine glands: thyroid, adrenals, etc. Sounds like you are already under medical supervision and so your doctor may be amenable.....

girljedi

« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2006, 04:00:17 AM »

Akhdar, I do feel stressed often, but I wouldn't view myself as being TOTALLY stressed - just a "typical American mother" - two kids, working full-time outside the home (plus all the "home" work, too - but my hubby really helps with that!), after-school and after-work activities, mother-in-law now living with us who has several serious health issues...  Nah, I'm not stressed!!   :D

Seriously, I have felt sluggish ever since I put on 40+ pounds in between my engagement and wedding day 15 years ago.   I've kept on 20 pounds of "baby fat" after my second pregnancy.   I have played around with taking vitamins and fish oil capsules, but I haven't stuck with it (especially the fish oil - I hate burping up fish taste for 2-3 hours after a dose!).  With all the great information on these forums, I am planning to go back to fish oil - I really need those Omega 3s!

The thyroid is a concern of mine, since I have a brother with thyroid problems and other relatives that had thyroid problems during their lifetime.  I had a check in between pregnancies ten years ago, but it is time for another one.

There is a yoga class coming up in October that I've conisdered taking.  My one concern is yet another after-school/after-work activity that disrupts the family flow.  I'll think it over more...

Thanks for your concern, Akhdar.  You have such a serene way of expressing yourself in words.   :D

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 27   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18