Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Girljedi's bouncy road down the hill.....

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: Girljedi's bouncy road down the hill.....  (Read 64568 times)

girljedi

• "Do or do not; there is no try...."
Girljedi's bouncy road down the hill.....
« on: June 25, 2006, 06:09:12 AM »

I started SLD full-throttle on 6/21/06.  I am weighing myself every Friday and am keeping a journal of my experience on the program.  My starting weight is 225.  I am 5'3" and am 42 years old.

I have noticed as of yesterday (4th day) a decrease in appetite and I feel full faster at meals.  I take 1 tbl. of ELOO at waking and at bedtime.  Mid-morning and mid-afternoon, I take ELOO or SW, depending on if I am at home or work.  I feel better, however, with the ELOO, so I may buy a bottle to use at work.

I have read many posts and recognize that it make take a month or more before I see noticeable results.  I want to lose down to 175 and then go from there.  I feel good about this method, because it makes you look at your habits and what you are eating.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 04:35:15 AM by girljedi »

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
Re: Girljedi's tracking data
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 07:27:19 AM »

Welcome, girljedi. Prognosis: good.

girljedi

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 10:43:21 AM »

This morning when my husband and I were walking, he asked me (for the first time!!!) how the diet was going.   (I mentioned I don't think of it as a diet, but an experiement!)  We talked about it for a good 15 minutes, which was great.  Maybe I'll win him over yet...

I am weighing myself on Fridays, so no weight change documented yet, BUT
1.  I feel full much quicker and eat less, especially if I wait 5-7 minutes after my first few bites.
2.  I don't snack - don't even think of snacking -  AND
3.  MOST IMPORTANTLY - I don't have the "gotta have some chocolate" cravings every afternoon. 

That alone is worth each swig of oil I take.

I also notice I go the bathroom more frequently, drink more water, and sleep soundly all night.

Negatives...can't think of any!

girljedi

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 05:02:44 PM »

So, I'm impatient and weighed myself this morning (8 days full-throttle on SLD).  I've lost two pounds!  The scale read 223!

Considering the fact I have spent the last eight years of my life weighing 225 (with 3-5 pound fluctuations), I'm not gettint REALLY excited until I dip below 220.  I guess the setpoint theory was really validated in my case, because I maintained that weight for so many years (since the birth of my 2nd child).

So, two pounds!  Golly, gee whillikers!  (Just moderate, big grin, excitement today.  Wouldn't want to lead people to believe something wonderful is going in my life, now would we?)

BTW, I really enjoy reading about everyone's experiences with SLD.  Don't stop sharing!

girljedi

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 11:32:24 AM »

Yesterday (7/1), we hosted a 4th of July party and I couldn't get my usual amounts of oil in (I did manage 2 out of 4 Tbl.).  At the cookout, I wasn't really hungry and didn't even eat until most of our guests had passed through for seconds!  It felt really good to look at all that food and just not feel compelled to sample everything.  What I did eat, I really enjoyed.  I was able to stay in control and only eat until I felt satisfied, not bloated and stuffed.

Today, we went to Subway after church.  I ate my 6 in. as usual, but now I feel really full.  Normally I'd want to eat something else besides the sub, and then eat WAY too much.

Thanks, SLD.

akhdar

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 11:55:19 AM »

Sounds like fabulous progress, girljedi!

I have a question for you: do you find it difficult not to brush your teeth or associate with any flavours for an hour after you rise? Just curious about that one.

Congratulations on your inroads and acuity in deciphering your changes.

Best, Akhdar.

girljedi

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 09:48:30 AM »

I walk for 45 minutes in the morning right after I take my oil, which helps with the 1 hr. wait before having anything with flavor.  (My husband and I get up at 5:30 to walk, so I take my oil before we hit the road.)   When we come back, I shower & get ready for work, eat breakfast & then brush.

On the occasional day when I don't walk, I have to remember to take my oil at waking, otherwise I have to wait until 1 hr after breakfast before I can have my oil.  That messes up my oil schedule, and I usually only have 3 Tbl. that day instead of 4.

Life goes much smoother when I keep to the same daily routine, but that's not always possible!

Hope I answered your question....

akhdar

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 12:54:44 PM »

You did -- and I congratulate you on finding the perfect slot for your SLD, intention to take that which sounds like an enlivening, rejuvenating morning walk, and then being able to participate in same with your mate.

You have it all down and I know where I shall turn for advice!

Best of luck to you!

Akhdar

girljedi

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2006, 10:58:27 AM »

2 weeks and counting....

No loss this week, but didn't really expect one since I've had some trouble distinguishing "real" hunger from "my stomach's growling, so I must be hungry" hunger.  I posted on another thread about this and the comments from everyone were very helpful.

I'm excited about this, because it means that *something* is happening!   :D

I need to work more on what I'm eating, and really move toward fresh foods.  I love to cook and bake, and my family will have to adjust to my changes in appetite, too.

I'm still psyched and happy to be on this program.  I enjoy reading all the posts and realizing that I am not alone in this journey!

Cheers!

girljedi

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2006, 09:55:51 AM »

By accident, I took 2 TBL at bedtime on Saturday night (thought I was using my 1/2 Tbl spoon!).  Sunday morning, I felt REALLY full at waking.  I decided to experiment and took 2 TBL that morning.  One hr. later, I had breakfast (2 scrambled eggs w/ cheese an 1 english muffin) and MAN DID I FEEL STUFFED!!!!!  I felt SO full, I wasn't sure I could sing at church that morning.

So...I am going to go with 2 TBL at bedtime and 2 TBL at waking to see how it goes.  It makes life much easier for me and I don't have to worry about missing my oil if I have a meeting, or watching the clock to keep my 1 hr windows. 

If feeling full after eating 1/2 of my normal amount of food continues (breakfast & lunch today, I only ate a small amount, compared to normal), I think I've found the optimum timing of ELOO for me!  YAY!

I won't weigh myself until Thursday, so we'll see about a weight loss....

akhdar

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2006, 12:21:17 AM »

Wow! What a fortuitous event, Girljedi.

You are inspiring me to raise my oil level as well!

Congratulations!

girljedi

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2006, 12:20:03 PM »

Week 3 on SLD was not kind to me!  I tried switching the amounts and timing of my ELOO, but the initial results did not make it through the week.  I also have gained weight and weighed 227 on Thursday.  :(

I did run out of ELOO and had to buy a new bottle.  I didn't buy the same brand as before, but should that make a difference?  The second brand isn't nearly as "oily" as the first, or maybe I'm just used to the texture now...

In other posts I have mentioned TOM issues and that my TOM can sometimes last two-three weeks (2 weeks PMS symptoms, then 1 week actual TOM), so I can't really be sure the oil changes are /are not working until TOM is finished.

SO....I've had a really discouraging week, BUT I'm NOT giving up and I will keep on keeping on.  So many others on the forum have had similar experiences and have resulted in weight loss.

Friday evening and Saturday morning, I only took 1 TBL of ELOO and felt stuffed after both lunch and dinner.  Today (Sunday), I haven't felt that way at all (so far).

My month anniversary on SLD is on 7/21.   I'm thinking I really need to look at how many calories I"m eating and making sure my oil amounts are correct.  I THINK I'm only eating around 2000 calories a day, but who knows!

I was checking out the oil section at the grocery yesterday and I noticed they were out of walnut oil.  Hmmmm.... :D

Thanks to everyone on the forum for your encouragement, even when you were helping someone else!

girljedi

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2006, 10:13:33 AM »

As an update to yesterday's post - I weighed myself this morning (I know, I know...get my mind off the scale) and lo and behold!!!  I am now back to 223!!    :shock:

Strange things....

Ann H

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2006, 09:23:00 PM »

Good luck, girljedi!

I think the diet defintely does work for most women, that darn TOM and all--at least to get a big chunk of weight off--it just might take a while, steady application, and some tweaking of the diet. And ya, you might need to actually check out those cals. That's what I have to do now that my body already ditched all of the Sure,-I'll-get-rid-of-that-weight.

Take care and happy oil / sugar water!   Cheers, Ann

girljedi

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2006, 10:10:11 AM »

This morning (7/20) my daughter hugged me and said "Mama, you're getting skinny!"  I looked at her (with some measure of disbelief) and said "Not really."  She said "Yes, Mama, you are!" and proceeded to show me how her fingertips used to barely touch when she hugged me and now she could firmly grab her hands behind my back.  I joked with her about her arms getting longer, but she was very insistent that I am skinnier.

I had to fight the desire to run to my tape measure and see - instead I just hugged her again and said "Maybe I am!!"

My children have only known me to be this size (225 lbs).  I wonder what they'll think of me as I get gradually skinnier before their eyes....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 27   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18