Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

Just beginning

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 25   Go Down

Author Topic: Just beginning  (Read 41606 times)

hopefulskeptic

Re: Just beginning
« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2010, 06:57:16 AM »

Wow, thanks for the note. A megadose, once a week? Interesting way of doing it. In terms of fatigue, I think something is going on with me too. My boyfriend has noted that I sleep two more hours a day than him, whereas we used to get out of bed at the same time, naturally. I always thought that maybe he was getting too little sleep, but now I'm thinking maybe I'm sleeping more because of this deficiency. I also stopped exercising; while I know it would give me more energy, I can't imagine where I'd get it in the first place. I wonder how long it will take my body to get back to normal. Good luck to you and let me know how your own progress goes!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 11:02:18 AM by hopefulskeptic »
I'm 5'7. This is my second round with SLD, and I'm in my fourth week.

tek_vixen

• A mind is a terrible thing to lose!
« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2010, 08:26:44 AM »

I know exactly what you mean with the exercise.  I'm so tired I can hardly function through the things I absolutely must do, much less getting to the things I really should do.  I'm going in for a sleep study tonight.  I suspect there are multiple things contributing to my fatigue.  I've been fighting it most of my adult life and I finally can't function anymore.  Something must be done.  I'm trying to take more vitamins as a start.  We'll see where it goes from there.

T-Vix

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2010, 08:47:36 AM »

my low thryroid gland makes me very fatigued
is is a real pain in the a**

I despise feeling tired/exhausted all of the time.
I just suddenly run out of steam and sleep doesn't necessarily fix the problem.
BAH
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

tek_vixen

« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2010, 09:04:02 AM »

I was actually hoping for low thyroid, but no, it's all good.  I know, how pathetic to hope for something to be wrong.  But I'm really tired of not having a good explanation.  I was actually excited to find the low vitamin D.  Now we'll see how much of a factor it is.

Do thyroid meds help, Karky?

T-Vix

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2010, 09:30:23 AM »

they do a little,
but my hormone levels aren't stabilising very well, but I could tell when my TSH started rising again.
I was going to complain to the Dr., but he already knew  :lol:
I have to go have more bloodwork in August.

My TSH
14.6     7-09  started 88mg synthroid
3         10-09
3.6       1-10
3.9       7-10  started 100mg synthroid, so we will see.  I have started feeling better already.

Normal TSH levels are considered to be about 3-5
some controversy about whether it should be 1-3,
but I guess it would make a difference on how you felt on what your normal is.
If you feel terrible at 4 then maybe your normal is 2.5
Hard to say.
I think I would feel better on the low side of 3 myself.  I guess if I can ever get it down there, then I will know.

tek-vixen
did your dr tell you what your TSH level was or did he just say it was normal?

tek_vixen

« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2010, 10:31:06 AM »

Would you believe it's 1.15?  So yeah, that's not my problem.   :lol:  But I'm not sure what "normal" feels like.  I've felt crappy for so long.  It's just now gotten unbearable.

I hope they can get you stabilized.  Any clue why it's been rising?

T-Vix

hopefulskeptic

« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2010, 11:06:12 AM »

Just a quick check-in on how today is going. Scale is still at 142.5. But it feels like real weight lost, not just water weight. I actually looked in the mirror this morning and thought, wow! My face looks different. 6 lbs for me is more than 4% of my bodyweight lost, and I'm finally beginning to notice it!

For breakfast I had leftover steak and greens (funny, I know). Now I'm sipping on some apple cider vinegar with water and don't feel hungry for lunch yet. I have dinner out tonight for Mexican so I'm really trying to listen to my AS. Will try to do so as well later ... it's a work dinner, so it's kind of easy for me to overeat at those. I'll order light and stop when I'm done!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 01:36:08 PM by hopefulskeptic »

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2010, 11:20:45 AM »

overactive thyroid and underactive thyroid have pretty much the same symptoms
my mom has Graves Disease.
it sucks for sure.

Sanchiaza

« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2010, 09:38:48 PM »

A progesterone/oestrogen imbalance can also lead to feeling less than well. For years, I thought that I had depression and was medicated accordingly. In actual fact, I am progesterone deficient and oestrogen dominant, which causes symptoms of fatigue, low mood, irritability and just generally feeling awful. I'm now using bio-identical progesterone cream and feeling much better. And, of course, the oil! That made me feel better in just one week!

hopefulskeptic

« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2010, 03:51:42 AM »

Today I woke up and the scale is at my low for SLD so far, 141.5, which is fantastic - I've only been here once before! Funny what a big difference a little .5 lbs can make mentally. If I can maintain this for the weekend, I'll have my first loss of the month to post on Monday! Nice to know I wasn't stuck in a plateau.

Last night was good. I really listened to my AS all day and it paid of at dinner; was so full so much quicker than ever before. I have to say that SLD is fantastic on the wallet; all my meals eaten out have been doubling as two due to the leftovers I take home for lunch the next day!

shovelqueen

« Reply #100 on: July 23, 2010, 03:59:39 AM »

Way to go!! :D

"Strength, balance, joy!"

TalkingRat

« Reply #101 on: July 23, 2010, 07:23:29 AM »

Wonderful!! 

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
« Reply #102 on: July 23, 2010, 07:50:50 AM »

Yay, I got my all time low today too!

hopefulskeptic

« Reply #103 on: July 23, 2010, 09:01:56 AM »

Wow, congrats Goblyn! And thanks for all the support everyone!

hopefulskeptic

« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2010, 06:13:45 AM »

At another low today, 141. The 130s are so close I can almost touch them!

I'm kind of surprised at the scale being low today because I had a huge dinner and I can still feel it in my stomach this morning. I noticed that while I have no problem listening to my AS on my own, in social situations it's really hard. I was aware that I didn't have to eat all the food on my plate (and I didn't finish all of it, but I did have more than I needed) if others around me are eating more too. I know that's a rather obvious observation, but I wonder how I can combat it in the future. I suppose one thing I can do is eat more slowly. Anyway, AS is a good problem to have :)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 25   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18