Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

testing the waters

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: testing the waters  (Read 1890 times)

mecmec

testing the waters
« on: August 29, 2007, 10:15:58 PM »

Ok, well here I go...not looking for a huge weight loss, just a way to shed that freshman 15 (fine, 20) now that I've graduated and will presumably not be living off of keg beer and pizza. The problem I've had with other diets, mostly Self magazine type stuff, is that I get very resentful about having to restrict my dining choices so much after a few days. So far I'm not having that problem-- I don't feel embittered because I can have a bit of cake or whatever, really, since so far I've been able to take just a few bites without triggering a monumental binge. I have to say, though, it seems like the AS is coming more from the satiety of eating pure oil (and the accompanying thoughts of "ew, I just swallowed oil, when I eat again I only want fruits and veggies!") than any re-jiggering of my set point. Although it does help to tell myself that my body wants to be thinner.

Oh yeah, I'm 5'0, lest my goal weight of 110 seem unreasonable to anyone. And I only weigh in occasionally. More important than the actual weight loss for me is the idea of not being plagued with thoughts of food all day long. Like I said, I only have 20 lbs to lost but I've been trying to get rid of them and stressing constantly for years...when I have managed to lose weight in the past it was always through an unhealthy route (like the cigarettes 'n Diet Coke diet. yuck). So if I only lose 10 but gain some peace of mind, I'll call it a huge success. 

8/29: Down three lbs so far (started for four days, then was out of town and didn't, now 2 days back on track). Plus jogged on a treadmill-- 5 miles! So far the SLD is just as valuable as workout motivation as an actual diet technique. Hm. 

8/30: Did really well today...until I went out to a concert, drank a couple of beers, and then came home at 1 am and ate about a dozen oreos and all the leftovers from dinner. Bleh. I think I need to switch to taking oil in the afternoon and evening (as opposed to morning and afternoon, as I've been doing) because night eating has always been my downfall.

8/31: Had a big dip in AS since I didn't take any oil in the morning (so I can switch to later in the day). Which meant a lot of nervous munching in the morning, but i managed to get it under control as well as head to the gym. Although I've noticed some people saying that working out kills the effects of the SLD! I guess it would make sense for the body to raise its set point back up to counter big calorie expenditures...but I feel like a lump when I don't get cardio, so I'll take my chances. I meant to take 2 doses of oil, like I had been doing, but there wasn't a good time this afternoon so I took one 2 T dose at bedtime. Also, I can't tell if I should be posting this all under progress or the My SLD thread? Well, I'll keep it here for now.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 08:20:08 AM by mecmec »

Purple

Re: testing the waters
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 11:43:30 PM »

welcome on board mecmec :D
it is such a wonderful feeling to have the restrictions removed because we can eat whatever we want= we just wont want as much anymore!
enjoy the freedom of ShangriLa
Purple

mecmec

Re: testing the waters
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 06:39:46 AM »

Thanks Purple! I've also never tried a diet with a support group like the one these board comprise...hopefully that will help too. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18